MULTI JET FUSION BY HP - 3D PRINTING SERVICE
With groundbreaking speed and robust material properties, Multi Jet Fusion (also known as MJF or HP 3D printing) will speed your project's time to market. Our 3D Manufacturing Center is powered by 24 HP Jet Fusion 3D printers, and has the capability to produce hundreds of thousands of production parts each week. With our upgraded capacity combined with MJF's incredible speed and material properties, we can now fulfill high volume production orders - faster than ever.
HP's 3D printing technology utilizes fusing and detailing agents over a powdered nylon 12 building area, with infrared lamps fusing an entire layer in a single pass. This highly efficient method can build functional, geometrically complex parts 80 micron layers at a time - with mechanical properties that rival injection molded parts.
With this modern production process, you are not captive to traditional manufacturing design constraints or required to make large capital investments for tooling. This manufacturing process delivers parts within days, allows you to make design revisions as needed, receive parts just in time, and in turn deliver products to market faster - manufactured in the USA.
Next-Day MJF Printing Available
GKN Additive (Forecast 3D) takes you from innovation to production with speed, quality, and competitive pricing. We produce millions of high-quality prototype and production parts daily and ship right to your door the very next day*. Read more here.
*Some restrictions apply.
- Speed - more than 10x faster than traditional systems
- Ability to rival IM cost in some cases
- Manufactured in the USA
- Excellent dimensional accuracy and detail
- Robust mechanical properties
- Isotropic tensile and impact strength properties
- Great for Prototype & Production
- Flexible manufacturing
- Functional prototypes and end-use parts
- Robust, precise parts
- Quick go-to-market strategy for new products
- Batch production for testing and validation
- Higher volume production needs
- Customer chose MJF for its cost and speed
- Injection molding lead time was 3 weeks
- MJF delivered their parts in under a week
- Cost per part with MJF was 10% the cost per part using injection molding
- Customer was able to go to market faster
|Standard Lead Time||3-5 days. We can expedite jobs in as little as 1 day.|
|Standard Accuracy||+/-.012 up to 3.937 inches and +/-.003 for every inch above that.
+/-0.3mm ≤ 100mm, +/-0.4% >100mm (+/-0.016” ≤ 3.900”, +/-0.4% > 3.900”)
|Standard Build Layer Thickness||80 Microns|
|Minimum Wall Thickness||.020" / .5 mm (XY plane is .012” [.3mm] and for the Z plane .020” [.5mm])|
|Maximum Build Envelope||380 x 284 x 380 mm|
|Finishes||MJF parts are a light gray directly off the machine after post processing, and typically dye parts black as our default finish.|