MULTI JET FUSION - HP 3D PRINTING
With groundbreaking speed and robust material properties, Multi Jet Fusion (also known as MJF or HP 3D printing) will speed your project's time to market. Our 3D Manufacturing Center is powered by 24 HP Jet Fusion 3D printers, and has the capability to produce hundreds of thousands of production parts each week. With our upgraded capacity combined with MJF's incredible speed and material properties, we can now fulfill high volume production orders - faster than ever.
HP's 3D printing technology utilizes fusing and detailing agents over a powdered nylon 12 building area, with infrared lamps fusing an entire layer in a single pass. This highly efficient method can build functional, geometrically complex parts 80 micron layers at a time - with mechanical properties that rival injection molded parts.
With this modern production process, you are not captive to traditional manufacturing design constraints or required to make large capital investments for tooling. This manufacturing process delivers parts within days, allows you to make design revisions as needed, receive parts just in time, and in turn deliver products to market faster - manufactured in the USA.
With the inherent speed of the MJF process, you get your prototype parts in hand fast. The family of Nylon materials available with this technology allows for highly functional testing of your prototypes as well. Beyond speed and strength, this process empowers engineers to consolidate part assemblies and design parts that can take advantage of the unique manufacturing that MJF 3D printing enables. Need a design iteration? No problem, we can print another or several versions of your design quickly.
Once you’ve tested your prototype, and validated your part design, we can help you evaluate the MJF process and materials as a potential for a Production option.
The MJF process allows you to seamlessly move into Production directly after testing and validating your prototype parts. Combined with the added benefit of design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) as well as 3D nesting, we can help you unlock the transformative power of MJF as a potential alternative to traditional manufacturing. For true end-use, functional parts in high volumes, multi jet fusion is our customers’ top choice, often compared against Injection Molding as a faster alternative. From a small batch run in the dozens, to a high volume order of hundreds of thousands of parts produced just in time - the MJF technology and material strength, combined with our large production capacity – allows you to get your product to market faster than ever.
Not sure if your production project is a good fit for MJF? We can supply your engineering and management team an analysis on which parts will translate into MJF as a Production consideration.
PROTOTYPE MJF APPLICATIONS
- Speed of process - parts in hand quickly
- Functional Nylon materials
- Precise, high tolerance technology
- Quickly iterate in small batch quantities
- Ability to use same technology for Production
PRODUCTION MJF APPLICATIONS
- Flexible manufacturing
- Functional end-use parts with robust Nylons
- Quick go-to-market strategy for new products
- Batch production for testing and validation
- Ramp directly from Prototyping into Production
- Ability to iterate new revisions much faster
- Higher volume production capabilities
- Speed - more than 10x faster than traditional systems
- Ability to rival IM cost in some cases
- Manufactured here in the USA
- Excellent dimensional accuracy and detail
- Robust mechanical properties
- Isotropic in all axes
- Great for both Prototype & Production
- Customer chose MJF for its cost and speed
- Injection molding lead time was 3 weeks
- MJF delivered their parts in under a week
- Cost per part with MJF was 10% the cost per part using injection molding
- Customer was able to go to market faster
|Standard Lead Time||3-5 days. We can expedite jobs in as little as 1 day.|
|Standard Accuracy||+/-.012 up to 3.937inches and +/-.003 for every inch above that|
|Standard Build Layer Thickness||80 Microns|
|Minimum Wall Thickness||.020" / .5 mm (XY plane is .012” [.3mm] and for the Z plane .020” [.5mm])|
|Maximum Part Dimensions||in a single build: 256 x 340 x 360 mm but part size is unlimited as parts can be bonded|
|Finishes||MJF parts are a light gray directly off the machine after post processing, and typically dye parts black as our default finish.|