Bellus3D Personalized Mask Fitter™ is a custom 3D printed plastic frame that is contoured to the specific shape of your face to improve the seal of surgical or similar face masks. Using the Bellus3D mobile app available on the Apple store for use with any iPhone or iPad with FaceID capabilities, the software will take a scan of your face, using the exact contours to create a 3D file suitable for printing.
Forecast 3D has partnered with Bellus3D to provide users a manufactured Mask Fitter ™ that can be printed in a variety of colors and is treated post-printing with a finish that can improve sterilization.
Additionally, the Mask Fitter ™ was designated for clinical use by the NIH 3D Print Exchange web posting and passed qualitative testing. Read more about those results below.
For bulk pricing on 50 units or more, or if you have additional questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use of this mask fitter requires elastic bands to secure. Currently, Forecast 3D DOES NOT provide these elastic bands but you can "chain" together standard rubber bands as shown in the image gallery.
- We recommend adding a mask adjuster to complement your mask fitter. These will provide for a more comfortable wear and allow you to wear your mask for extended periods of time.
- At this time, the Bellus3D FaceApp is only available on the Apple store. Please check back or contact us for future updates.
All 3 variations are priced by color/pattern, not mask type (Basic, Standard, & Premium).
If you have additional questions, contact us at email@example.com
Learn About Testing Results Here
- Testing with the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry found the Mask Fitter™ to enhance the peripheral seal of face masks.
- The NIH has listed this mask fitter after it underwent clinical testing and found to be useable when “fabricated with the printer type and materials specified.”
- This link also includes a free version which fits approximately 15% of users. Using this particular mask fitter file may result in loss of appropriate peripheral seal.
MASK FITTER FACE SCANNING & ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS
Bellus 3D has provided this step-by-step video on how to scan your face or read below for detailed instructions.
Click Here For Detailed FaceApp Instructions
What You Will Need
You will need to scan the wearer’s face using Bellus3D FaceApp, which requires an iPhone with a TrueDepth camera (iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max). If you are using an iPad Pro, you can scan using Bellus3D Dental Pro.
Scanning with Bellus3D FaceApp
- Download Bellus3D FaceApp or Dental Pro from the Apple App Store
Apple App Store Download:
- Stand or sit in a stationary place so that you will be able to turn your head 90° to the left and right when you are ready to scan. Remove glasses or anything else obscuring your face.
- Launch the FaceApp application and select the FACE option.
- Position the phone directly in front of your face at a distance that causes the red oval to turn green. Once the oval turns green you can push the white button at the bottom of the phone display in order to initiate the scan. Hold a neutral facial expression (don’t smile) or the duration of the scan.
- The application will prompt you to turn 90° to the left, then back to the middle, 90° to the right and then back to the middle.
- Once the capture is complete, FaceApp will stitch together the various perspectives to form the 3D model. In the bottom right corner, you can press the “Mask Fitter” button to generate the fitter model.
- An informational screen will appear providing information and tips on how to generate the best result with your Mask Fitter frame. Tap on “Next” in the upper right corner.
- Next you will be presented with a list of Mask Fitter frame options. You need to select the desired Mask Fitter frame by tapping on “Standard,” “Premium,” or “Tall” (“Basic” is not supported for use with Order Codes).
- Once you have selected the desired frame type, you may be prompted to enter an optional 6-digit character name. This can be your first name, employee number or other distinguishing character sequence. You can also enter an optional 10-character label. These will both be printed on the Mask Fitter frame. When done, tap on “Next” in the upper right corner.
- After about 10 seconds, the Mask Fitter frame will be displayed on the 3D image of your face. Press the “3D” button in the bottom right to advance to the screen where you enter your order code and email address.
- The final screen in the process allows you to enter your Order Code and email address before tapping “Submit” to send your Mask Fitter frame to Forecast 3D. Your custom facial scan will automatically be sent to Forecast3D for production.
PLEASE NOTE: You should have received the Order Code via email from Forecast 3D. The order code is case-sensitive.
DISCLAIMER: This product is intended to be a component of a “covered countermeasure” to be made by a “covered person” as defined in the united states public readiness and emergency preparedness act (prep act), public law 109-148, division c, section 2 and other similar laws. This product is to be used solely for the following purposes: to diagnose, mitigate, prevent, treat, cure, or limit the harm of sars-cov-2 or a virus mutating therefrom and the resulting disease, covid-19. This product may not be used for any unlawful purposes and that use is expressly prohibited under the applicable terms and conditions of its use. Given the exigent circumstances under which this product is being made, Forecast 3d makes no representation as to the safety and efficacy of this product.